- Pugh obtained a defense verdict on behalf of a supplier of asbestos-cement pipe in New Orleans. The supplier was the sole defendant at trial, and the case involved a plaintiff with advanced lung cancer. The verdict was upheld by the Court of Appeals.
- Pugh defended a longtime franchise client in a four-day arbitration proceeding. The arbitrator dismissed all of the claims against the client, and also required the Claimants to pay $444,962 in damages and attorneys’ fees. The arbitrator’s ruling was confirmed by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana.
- Pugh obtained an historically low jury verdict in an action against a former premises owner in an asbestos case. Again, the premises owner was the sole defendant at trial. Of that total verdict amount, the client was cast with a judgment which was resolved for less than half of the last settlement demand.
- Pugh represented an insurer in an asbestos case where issues involving timely “tender of defense,” and potential bad faith damages were addressed by the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- A/V Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell (highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards)
- Louisiana Super Lawyers (2012–present)
- Best Lawyers in Louisiana (2014–present)
- Top Rated Attorneys in Mass Torts (American Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell) (2014–present)
Speaking Engagements & Publications:
- Main Stage Speaker, “Update on the Epidemiology Regarding ‘Neighborhood Exposures’ and a ‘Case Report’ on the EPA’s Handling of an Asbestos ‘Superfund Site,’ ” DRI Asbestos Medicine Seminar, Las Vegas, Nevada (November 2017)
- Speaker, “Preparing for your First Deposition,” Malcolm Monroe Federal Practice Seminar, New Orleans, Louisiana (December 2014)
- Author, “Extent of Privileged Communications Under Louisiana Code of Evidence,” New Orleans Bar Association, CLE Presentation (1999)
- Author, “Recent Developments in Louisiana Class Action Litigation,” New Orleans Bar Association, CLE Presentation (1996)
- Toxic Torts and Environmental Litigation
- Products Liability
- Class Actions
- Civil Litigation
- D., Louisiana State University Paul Hebert Law Center, 1985
- A., cum laude, Tulane University (Philosophy), 1981
- Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Wales (Philosophy), 1980
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Supreme Court of Louisiana and all Louisiana state courts
- Supreme Court of Texas and all Texas state courts
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- New Orleans Bar Association