- J.D., Loyola University, 1986
- B.S., Loyola University, 1979
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE BEFORE THE FOLLOWING COURTS:
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- Supreme Court of Louisiana and all Louisiana State Courts
MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
Ms. Joffe defended an insulation supplier and contractor in a $2.5 million product liability and negligence case in which the plaintiff alleged that products sold and used by the defendant caused his mesothelioma. Both a motion for involuntary dismissal filed at the close of trial and a post-trial memoranda led to the dismissal of all claims against the firm’s client.
- Bruce Spillman v. Anco Insulation, Inc., et al., 19th JDC
Ms. Joffe defended this case brought by the family of a deceased industry worker who was diagnosed with mesothelioma. The family alleged that the worker’s illness was caused by his exposure to asbestos throughout his work career. The jury trial concluded in May 2006.
- John W. McFadden, et al., v. Anco Insulations, Inc., et al., Case No. 29,455, Parish of St. James, State of Louisiana.
SPEECHES AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Closing Statements
- Co-presentation by Ms. Joffe, Masters of the Courtroom, December 14, 2006.
- “Oops, Can’t Take it Back” – Inadvertent Disclosures in Louisiana